Henderson Hall is a major recent renovation of a building that has served the campus since 1876 as the original President's house and is the oldest brick building on campus. This building houses most of the Theatre and Cinema faculty and administrative offices, the costume shop, management office, and several classroom spaces, including a lighting laboratory, and audio/video production and editing area, separate dedicated studios for scenic and lighting design, and a computer teaching studio.
The Performing Arts Building was the home of the Theatre Arts Department from 1974 - 2009. In 2009, with the move of the majority of the program offices and teaching spaces to Henderson Hall, and the addition of the new cinema emphasis it was converted for cinema uses. It contains offices for several cinema faculty and emeritus theatre faculty, a cinema screening room that seats between 25 and 75, cinema editing suites, and equipment. This historic building, built in 1899 to serve as the YMCA is the oldest Hokie Stone building on campus. This building also houses two major classroom/rehearsal spaces of approximately 1100 square feet each. These two rooms, plus the theatre space serve a variety of classroom needs.
Squires Student Center houses the university union ticket office, the Studio Theatre (216 seats), the Haymarket Theatre (450 seats) and their associated scenic shops and support spaces.
Theatre 101 houses the program's black box theatre and the primary performance teaching and rehearsal spaces.
A university film screening facility has been added for the development of the arts precinct.
Summer Arts Festival 2014
June 6 - July 25
Free events from the School of Performing Arts
See here for more information and details.
For ticket information, click here.
NOTE: To check ticket availability after hours, please call 540-808-6504.